Spring Baseball and Softball
Registration will be
January 15 - February 19
Opening Day is March 22
What to expect at First Redeemer SportsFRS exists to impact the community for Jesus Christ through the ministry of Sports. Sports are God’s gifts and at FRS they are used as tools to introduce people to Jesus Christ and shape them into people of Christian character. By participating in sports at FRS, you can expect the following:
1. Coaches who are more concerned in teaching the skills of the sport and loving his/her players and families than winning games.
2. Christ-centered devotions at practices & team prayer after/before games
3. One practice per week for one hour
4. Games played primarily on Saturdays with a few occasional weeknight games
5. Competitive playing time for all players
6. Rules adjusted based on the age of the league
No special requests:
We are not able to accommodate special requests for team placement or practice schedules. The goal of FRS is to provide an atmosphere focused on player development in a Christian environment. Teams are created with this goal in mind. We understand the desire to request specific teams or practice schedules, but it is simply not possible as we strive to reach our goal.
- Youth Ages 5-13 as of 4/30/2014; 4 year olds who are 5 by 9/1/2014
- Leagues: 5-6 Coed Tee ball, 7 Baseball (Coach Pitch), 8 Baseball (Kid & Coach Pitch), 9-10 Baseball, & 11-12 Baseball; 7-9 Softball & 10 & Up Softball
- Games & Practices: Minimum of one practice & one game per week. Season will consist of 8 games.
- Cost: $160 per participant
- UNIFORMS: Jerseys, pants (or shorts for girls), hats, & belts provided
Dates (subject to change):
- Mandatory Coaches Meeting: TBD
- Mandatory Skills Assessments: TBD
- Coaches Draft: TBD
- First Practice: TBD
- First Game: TBD
- End of season tournament:TBD
- An informational email will be sent when registration is completed with the finalized dates.
- Once the draft is completed, you will be contacted by the coach.
Full Refund before scheduled assessments.
½ Refund after assessments & before the first scheduled game.
No Refund after the first scheduled game.
No Refund due to player injury.
During skills assessments, each participant will be given the opportunity to try on various shorts, jerseys, & pants to determine the correct sizes. Following the draft, FRS will order the uniforms and will not be held responsible when the correct (i.e. requested sizes) uniforms arrive and do not fit.